Re: Installed 5.2RC from CDROM, fails to boot in manager

From: Ryan Sommers <ryans_at_gamersimpact.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 14:43:25 -0600
On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 14:17, Clint Olsen wrote:
> I think I have a successful install, but now when I attempt to boot the
> system, it just hangs at 'F1: FreeBSD'.  If I attempt to hit F1, I just get
> a tone from the system (or any other key for that matter).  I've already
> performed an install of a 4.7 machine, so I'd like to think I sort of know
> what I'm doing, but I'm a bit perplexed as to why this is happening.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Clint

When you hit a key does anything show up on the next line after the
bootmanagers prompt, like a - / \ | character? If not then your MBR
might have been corrupted. Is it a constant tone or is it just an error
beep when you hit a key? I don't remember if boot0 makes a beep on a bad
key or not.

Is FreeBSD the only operating system you have on the system? You might
try chosing not to use a boot manager if it is the only OS.

--
Ryan "leadZERO" Sommers
Gamer's Impact President

-= http://www.gamersimpact.com =-