Re: Still IRQ routing problems with bridged devices.

From: Bernd Walter <ticso_at_cicely12.cicely.de>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 20:52:45 +0100
On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 02:19:53PM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 01-Jan-2004 Bernd Walter wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 10:12:23AM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> >> In message: <20040101155100.GF11668_at_cicely12.cicely.de>
> >>             Bernd Walter <ticso_at_cicely12.cicely.de> writes:
> >> : On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 10:22:30PM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> >> : > In message: <20040101013224.GC11668_at_cicely12.cicely.de>
> >> : >             Bernd Walter <ticso_at_cicely12.cicely.de> writes:
> >> : > : The board is an old Asus T2P4 with 3 bridged cards and $PIR table.
> >> : > : All IRQs behind bridges get bogusly IRQ4 instead of the right ones.
> >> : > : Is this only a problem on some boards or do we have a general irq
> >> : > : routing problem with bridges?
> >> : >
> >> : > It is a problem with some bridges and PCI BIOS interrupt routing.
> >> :
> >> : The intline registers are correct - that's what used to run since years.
> >> : What has the kind of bridge to do with it?
> >>
> >> just what the code does :-)
> >
> > But bridges are handled generic so why would only some bridges show
> > this problem?
> > The bridges are 21050 types btw.
>
> Sounds like a BIOS bug.  If a bridge isn't listed in the $PIR, we
> use the barber-pole swizzle to route across it.  However, that is

It can't know about my bridges because all of them are on cards and
they wouldn't won't fit with just 7 entries.

> technically only defined for bridges on add-in cards.  The only
> way we can tell if a bridge is on an add-in card is if it is not
> listed either in ACPI's namespace with a _PRT or it is not listed
> in the $PIR.  Part of teh problem is that we shouldn't be using

It's not that simple.
The chips behind the bridges are layed out to all use INTA on the
primary bus, but INTA is correctly routed for non-bridged cards.
I have no clue about $PIR and therefor have no idea where irq4 comes
from - any pointer to $PIR documents are welcome.

> IRQ4 when we route PCI devices if you have IRQ4 used for an ISA
> device anyway.

ISA device are probed later - how would you know that IRQ4 is used
by ISA?

Warner already asked for boot -v output.
I hope things become clear then.
It's just that the system is the NFS server with /home on it.
Therefor I have to wait for a good moment to reboot the box.
Attached is the non -v output with int routing disabled.

ticso_at_bwct.de                                  info_at_bwct.de