IPMI

From: Lars Köller <lars_at_koellers.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 14:30:09 +0100
--------

Dear Doug,

I wish you a happy new year. I'm an old FreeBSD user and we have
several rack mounted servers (Fujitsu Siemens) in our university
computing center for mail virus scanning, www caching, etc.

All these boards support IPMI, and it would be nice to have an FreeBSD
interface/user tools for it.

I notice that you have started to work on it, but it stopped since Aug.
2002.

Are there any plans to integrate this in 5.X releases?

For enterprise usage of FreeBSD I think it is really important to have
such an interface working for better management.

Best regards

Lars

--
Lars Köller
E-Mail: lars_at_koellers.net (LKoeller_at_FreeBSD.ORG)