Re: new psm patch.

From: David Gilbert <dgilbert_at_dclg.ca>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 12:50:29 -0500

Philip> On 2004-01-02 14:00:08 (-0500), David Gilbert
Philip> <dgilbert_at_dclg.ca> wrote:

>> I was applying the psm patch posted here recently.  Not the one

[...]

>> As a note to the origional author, it seems that 'ipacket' is now
>> referenced by 'pb' rather than 'sc' in the driver.  It looks like
>> ipacket was a member of the sc structure but now is a sub-member.

Philip> Someone recently added some buffering code to psm, I updated
Philip> my local patch, but hadn't had time to furture develop it.

To some embarrasment, it would seem that I have the 'Glidepoint' pad
... or at least that's what the probe is finding.  Sigh.  Looking at
psm.c, only the 'tapping action' is supported ... and that not very
well.  I have a touchpad and a small joy stick that appear as one
device.  I gather that this is made by Glidepoint.  Is there any
documentation on this?  Now that I know I have a different touchpad,
I'd like to hack around on it.

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dave_at_daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |