Re: new psm patch.

From: Philip Paeps <philip+freebsd_at_paeps.cx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 19:40:36 +0100
On 2004-01-04 12:50:29 (-0500), David Gilbert <dgilbert_at_dclg.ca> wrote:

> Philip> On 2004-01-02 14:00:08 (-0500), David Gilbert
> Philip> <dgilbert_at_dclg.ca> wrote:
>
> >> I was applying the psm patch posted here recently.  Not the one
>
> [...]
>
> >> As a note to the origional author, it seems that 'ipacket' is now
> >> referenced by 'pb' rather than 'sc' in the driver.  It looks like
> >> ipacket was a member of the sc structure but now is a sub-member.
>
> Philip> Someone recently added some buffering code to psm, I updated
> Philip> my local patch, but hadn't had time to furture develop it.
>
> To some embarrasment, it would seem that I have the 'Glidepoint' pad
> ... or at least that's what the probe is finding.

Whoops :-)

Well, nice of you to work on the Synaptics *grin*, it's a reminder to me to
get a move on an finish that code.  It's been on my todo-list since early last
year.  I've been working on getting 'gesture' code like on Linux (taps, corner
taps, multi-finger taps and all that in there).

> Sigh.  Looking at psm.c, only the 'tapping action' is supported ... and that
> not very well.  I have a touchpad and a small joy stick that appear as one
> device.  I gather that this is made by Glidepoint.  Is there any
> documentation on this?  Now that I know I have a different touchpad, I'd
> like to hack around on it.

Maybe the Synaptics guide is a reference?  I've been using the algorithms used
by GPM in Linux as an inspiration for my Synaptics code but it's a lot of work
translating them to work in the kernel as opposed to userspace as in Linux
(floats all over the shop and not particularly efficient here and there).

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                          Please don't CC me, I am
                                                       subscribed to the list.

  BOFH Excuse #300:
    Digital Manipulator exceeding velocity parameters