Re: ACPI and Gateway 400sd4 laptop

From: Alexandre <Alex.Kovalenko_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 15:01:40 -0500
I had similar problem with my machine recently (it is Averatec 4150H) and
after walking through the ASL, discovered that _TMP method in thermal zone
object always returns same value which was stored away during ACPI initialization.

I would suggest you check if 'sysctl hw.acpi.thermal.tzX.temperature' returns
something reasonable (or at least changes with machine warming up perceptibly)
and if it does not investigate conditional statement you have in _TMP method
of the thermal zone object -- at first look it seams to return stored value
at least along one of the branches.

Please, keep in mind that I by no means claim good knowledge of ACPI and/or ASL
and just share suggestion that worked for me.