Re: page fault panic tracked down (selwakeuppri())

From: Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 00:49:26 +0100
On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 11:36, Bruce Evans wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, Stefan Ehmann wrote:
>
> > For the first time I got a backtrace that ended in the soundcard module
> > - So maybe this is the right direction (on the other hand this might be
> > some newly introduced error)
> The sound driver is in modules.  Have you ruled out having an inconsistent
> module.

For some reason gdb loaded debugging information for all modules except
bktr, snd_pcm and snd_csa. (I always build kernel with
MODULES_OVERRIDE).

To work around this problem I compiled a kernel with static pcm. That
would also rule out an inconsistent module. The system is up now 6 hours
and still no panic. If this panic will only happen with csa/pcm as
module I'll be even more puzzled.

I'm also still not sure why I got three "bad bufsize" panics in a row
all of the sudden instead of page faults. (Most of the previous kernels
were built without INVARIANTS - but at least some with).