Re: FreeBSD Crashes with AMD

From: Andre Guibert de Bruet <andy_at_siliconlandmark.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 22:59:12 -0500 (EST)
Evren,

I'm not aware of any memory test utility that runs under FreeBSD. If one
is out there, it would most certainly require some type of kld to allow it
to have direct access to random parts of system memory. I consider it is
bad mojo to run hardware tests on a machine booted in multi-user mode. In
order to get a definitive answer (and eliminate false-positives which
could show up due to kernel bugs) and save yourself a lot of time and
hassles, boot their floppy or bootable cd.

Regards,