Binary updates for FreeBSD 5.x

From: Colin Percival <colin.percival_at_wadham.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 01:11:24 +0000
   I am now building binary security updates for FreeBSD 5.x, for use with
FreeBSD Update.  This has taken rather longer than I expected -- I thought
I would be at this point in mid-November -- but porting the update-building
code to run on FreeBSD 5.x took rather longer than I expected.  For details
about how to use these updates, please see the FreeBSD Update web site at
http://www.daemonology.net/freebsd-update/
   A couple notes are in order: First, I am not a FreeBSD committer, and
FreeBSD Update is in no way endorsed by the FreeBSD Project or the Security
Officer; this is something I'm providing on my own and you should only use
these updates if you're willing to trust your systems' security to *me*
personally.  Second, FreeBSD Update merely tracks the security branches in
the FreeBSD CVS repository; consequently, while I am building updates for
FreeBSD 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 5.0 and 5.1 (and will start building updates for
FreeBSD 5.2 when it is released), the updates for FreeBSD 4.7 and 5.0 may
not reflect all existing security issues, since support for those releases
has officially ended.
   Thanks to all the donors who contributed to allow me to purchase the
system I'm using to build these updates; in particular, bsdmall.com and
the readership of slashdot.jp made large contributions.

Colin Percival