Re: Open-motif installation

From: raver <raver_at_hosting.sytes.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 01:23:33 +0000
On 01/10/04 00:23:06, Doug White wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, raver wrote:
>
> > > You seem to be hitting the # of files resource limit.  While this
> is
> > > running do 'sysctl kern.openfiles' and see if it is getting close
> > > the
> > > value of 'sysctl kern.maxfiles'.  If it is then you need to
> increase
> > > kern.maxfiles and kern.maxfilesperproc.
> > >

> > I checked kern.maxfilesperproc and its value is 324 by default, so
> > increase it up to 20000, the same value as kern.maxfiles.
>
> You may need to use the limit or ulimit command to raise your # of
> files
> limit for your session after doing this (since it inherits the value
> at
> process creation).  You might also check that to see what the current
> setting is.

OK, just setting descriptors limit to the maxfiles and maxfilesperproc
kernel value the installation finished succesfully ;-)

> I remember running into that limit in the past, the motif build does
> something lame that loads a huge number of manpages for some odd
> reason.

Thank you so much mate!

###
	" I chose not to choose life: I chose something else.
	And the reasons? There are no reasons.
	Who need reasons when you've got BSD? "

		Ricard Pascual Diaz AKA 'raver'
		raver_at_hosting.sytes.net