Re: Future of RAIDFrame

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:01:11 +0100
Scott Long <scottl_at_freebsd.org> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> > I'm having trouble seeing what RF does that Vinum (or at least a
> > properly GEOMified Vinum) can't do...
> Please read the RAIDframe documents at http://www.pdl.cmu.edu/RAIDframe
> before you ask again.

I have, long ago, and frankly it sounds like GEOM with a bunch of RAID
classes.  We already have GEOM, and the RAID classes are practically
trivial to implement once you have GEOM.

Considering that RF is unusable in -CURRENT (any attempt to use it
causes a panic) and nobody is working on it or has been in a long
time, the least you could do is disconnect it from the build.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no