Re: Future of RAIDFrame and Vinum (was: Future of RAIDFrame)

From: Barney Wolff <barney_at_databus.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 13:09:07 -0500
On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 12:13:36PM +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <20040111120824.00cb6314_at_Magellan.Leidinger.net>, Alexander Leidinge
> r writes:
>
> >I'm a little bit confused. I've read Pouls mail as an suggestion to
> >remove vinum from -current and let people modify it in the perforce
> >repository. If I got this wrong, please tell me and everything is fine,
> >but if I got it right, do you (Greg) agree to remove it from -current?
>
> My proposal is to do just that with both vinum and raidframe until
> one or possibly both are up to full strength again.

On behalf of people like me who are mere users, let me protest that
removing vinum would break working systems and create needless hardship.
What would be gained?  Are there upcoming changes in the rest of the OS
that the presence of vinum would make harder?  If not, then please branch
vinum to perforce if you like, but leave it in -current until it's actually
broken for most users, which is not the case now.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.