Re: 5.2-R panic: bad pte

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:33:22 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Igor Sysoev wrote:

> > > I've cvsuped the sources 5.2-BETA to 5.2-RELEASE. While rebuilding
> > > the system (make -j 3 buildworld) on 5.2-RELEASE kernel I've got the
> > > following panic:
> > >
> > > panic: bad pte <<< this is the problem
> > > cpuid = 0;
> > > boot() called on cpu#0
> >
> > Hardware description?

In a nutshell... 2x2.8GHz xeons in a serverworks board of some
construction.  I have an IBM behind me here that while I haven't tested a
full buildworld on, I did install a few times and didn't get any panics.
Got a broken keyboard though :)

I'm not aware of any outstanding pte-based issues. Perhaps the system has
bad memory or processor?