AMD Opteron Server

From: Jonathan Insell <tauy3_at_sussex.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:05:13 -0000
Hey guys,

We are building up a new server all the parts have been ordered ;o) here is a break down of what we ordered

Western Digtial Raptor SATA 10K rpm Drives,
Highpoint SATA Card.
MSI K8D Mobo ;o)
Opteron 2way

We are thinking of installing FreeBSD 5.2, was just wandering if there is any big problems that you can think of??

I have looked around and the only problem I can see is the SATA interface.

We will be running RealServer 8.02 on there aswell, has anyone tried that b4?

Cheers

Jon