sshd problem

Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 09:32:18 +0100
Hi,

I am very new to freeBSD (sorry).
I try to migrate from linux (I work with it in last 6 y) to freeBSD and
just make my first install (5.2).

I was able to configure my netadapter and have ping and dns working.

I selected also sshd to be able to connect to my freeBSD from remote.

If I try to connect from my linux ( also Windows) my freeBSD ask for
password and if I type it, the freeBSD continues to as for password
again and again.

After a little time I see in /var/log/messages:
sshd[480]: fatal : Timeout before authentication for 192.168.1.128.

I tryed to connect from my freebsd to my linux using ssh without any
problems.

Pls., point me where to search the problem.
Also any additional docs about the freebsd will help.

redards,
ivan.