Re: sshd problem

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h_at_schmalzbauer.de>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 04:11:25 +0100
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am very new to freeBSD (sorry).
> I try to migrate from linux (I work with it in last 6 y) to freeBSD and
> just make my first install (5.2).
>
> I was able to configure my netadapter and have ping and dns working.
>
> I selected also sshd to be able to connect to my freeBSD from remote.
>
> If I try to connect from my linux ( also Windows) my freeBSD ask for
> password and if I type it, the freeBSD continues to as for password
> again and again.

Sorry for that mutilated first answer. The sender should correct his From
Header!

Have you tried to login as root? Then you'd have to edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config.
By default FreeBSD doesn't allow root login. Usually one should login as user,
but if you don't have user accounts you need the line:
"PermitRootLogin yes"

-Harry