Re: Shuttle SB75G2

From: John Kennedy <jk_at_jk.homeunix.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:39:48 -0800
On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 10:32:09PM -0800, John Kennedy wrote:
>   I'm trying to load FreeBSD on this (new) system -- 4.9 and 5.2 (release,
> not current).  As something of a test case, I also loaded XP pro on it.
> It obviously isn't working yet and I'm starting the process of figuring out
> why. ...
>   The system works well enough to load, boot and install 4.9 and 5.2.  I
> can't get it to stay up long enough to recompile the OS (dies during
> buildworld).  When the system dies, it tends to freeze or reboot.  ...

  Under XP, I can get it to freeze fairly quickly running AquaMark3 (video
graphics test).  Under FreeBSD (5.2), I tried to isolate the video card by
doing one of the buildworlds over the network (no console scrolling) and it
still hung.

  As in FreeBSD, light use doesn't seem to cause any problems.  In this
case, light use included moving ~30GB of traffic via XP file sharing (and
under FreeBSD I did a CVS checkout of the (src) source trees with SSH).

  Under Memtest 86, the machine will eventually reboot the box (so far
sometime after ~45 minutes and 5+ runs through the test with no errors
found.