Re: Problem with serial console (5.2)

From: Lanny Baron <lnb_at_FreeBSDsystems.COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 02:40:38 -0500
Hi Rob,
On our iNET<tm> Servers, for our customers that want console redirection
   set up 'out-of-the-box', we really only have to press a key when
installing and when the OK shows, type set console=comconsole and press
enter then type boot.

I assume you have already installed. You really need to make sure that
whatever you are using to attach to the serial port is set at 9600 and
if you want a login: prompt you need to edit /etc/ttys and look at the
lines with '3wire' in it:

ttyd0   "/usr/libexec/getty 3wire.9600" dialup  on secure
ttyd1   "/usr/libexec/getty 3wire.9600" dialup  on secure

That will make sure that upon boot you get a login: via Serial Console.

I hope that helps you out.

Regards,
Lanny