Re: PANIC: sent too much

From: Scott Lambert <lambert_at_lambertfam.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:44:08 -0500
On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 01:42:33PM +0100, Jiri Mikulas wrote:
> hello
> sometimes i got this panic
> with high load on network interfaces
>
>  Panicstring: sent too much

I've seen that panicstring with a Jan 12 kernel on my fxp using athlon
system.  I didn't have crashdumps setup but I took digital pictures I
can trascribe if necessary.

I don't think mine was associated too much with high network activity,
but I didn't check too close.  It didn't stay up for more than 12 hours
at a time and the shortest uptime was probably 10 minutes.  It's all new
hardware so I was suspecting hardware for a while.

I think I'm running a Jan 14 or 15 kernel now with no panics (so I no
longer suspect the hardware).  I can check the exact cvsup date when I
get to work.  Wish I had Wi-Fi on the MTA North.

lambert_at_lambertfam.org