Re: MFS question - FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT

From: Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 20:00:47 +1100
On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 10:53:25AM +0000, Rob MacGregor wrote:
>I'm trying to use a RAM disk for running some software's temporary spool
>(MIMEDefang) out of.  The aim is to boost the performance by removing the
>need for disk writes for temporary files.

Note that softupdates will not perform any physical writes for short-
lived (say less than 30 seconds) files.

>Is there any way to achieve this?  Because it defaults to 1777 for the
>permissions Sendmail is complaining (rightly) on startup about a world
>writable directory.

All I can suggest is patching rc.d/sendmail to fix the permissions before
starting sendmail.  If you don't want to patch this script, you could
create another rc.d script that has something like "REQUIRE: mountall"
and "BEFORE: sendmail".

> Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
>      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.

If you want responses sent to the mailing list, you should set the
Reply-To header to point to the mailing list rather than a random
address.

Peter