MFS question - FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT

From: Rob MacGregor <rob_macgregor_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:53:25 +0000
I'm trying to use a RAM disk for running some software's temporary spool
(MIMEDefang) out of.  The aim is to boost the performance by removing the
need for disk writes for temporary files.

After a read of the mdmfs/mount_mfs man page I constructed the following:

md     /var/spool/MIMEDefang   mfs
rw,async,noexec,nosuid,nosymfollow,-M,-s256m,-p0700,-wmailnull:mailnull
   2 0

That would mount the file system with the required owner and permissions, so
I thought.  However the mount_mfs command doesn't support the -p or -w flags
and I get the usage error:

usage: mfs -C [-NU] [-a maxcontig] [-b block-size] [-c cylinders]
        [-d rotdelay] [-e maxbpg] [-F file] [-f frag-size] [-i bytes]
        [-m percent-free] [-n rotational-positions] [-O optimization]
        [-o mount-options] [-s size] md-device mount-point

Is there any way to achieve this?  Because it defaults to 1777 for the
permissions Sendmail is complaining (rightly) on startup about a world
writable directory.

I did RTFM, trawl the list archive and the web, but found nothing to help.

TIA

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger