Re: PANIC: sent too much

From: Melvyn Sopacua <freebsd-current_at_webteckies.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:40:32 +0100
On Tuesday 20 January 2004 22:48, Jeffrey Hsu wrote:
>   > sometimes i got this panic
>   > with high load on network interfaces
>
> I fixed this in DragonFlyBSD months ago.  This is because you
> have the experimental Limited Transmit option turned on by default,
> something I do not recommend for FreeBSD because there is a subtle bug
> with that code when the connection is not congestion window limited.

This "Limited Transmit" option, is that configurable somewhere and does that
work-around the bug (a quick grep tcp on sysctl -a doesn't yield something
recognizable)?

Seen this this morning while doing a `cvs -d/home/ncvs update src', logged in
via ssh in a GENERIC kernel of 2004-01-10. This was via a chello Netherlands
cable connection - an ISP famous for it's high bandwidth and equally high
packet loss, so it fits the profile.

I'll try Andre's patch regardless, but if it doesn't work, it would be nice if
there's an alternative (maybe mention that in UPDATING as well).
--
Melvyn

FreeBSD sarevok.idg.nl 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #3: Tue Dec 30 14:31:47
CET 2003     root_at_sarevok.idg.nl:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SAREVOK_NOAPM_NODEBUG
i386