Re: Updating from 4.9-RELEASE

From: Ken Smith <kensmith_at_cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 14:32:34 -0500
On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 11:12:21AM -0800, Doug White wrote:

> Its in UPDATING on -CURRENT.  I guess we need to explicitly warn people to
> read the -CURRENT UPDATING and not the -STABLE one when planning their
> upgrade.

For what it's worth I was reading the right file.  If you want to warn
people about something warn them not to be afraid of doing something
before they actually try it.  :-(  Booting a 5.X kernel in a 4.X world
sounded scary but seems to have worked just fine.

> Also see the section "To upgrade in-place from 4.x-stable to current" near
> the bottom of the file.

Missed that part completely. :-(   Thanks.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith_at_cse.buffalo.edu