Re: Updating from 4.9-RELEASE

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:12:21 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Ken Smith wrote:

> If I am remembering that right don't the statfs issues break that,
> or at least make it something not to be attempted by mere mortals
> and perhaps worth a mention in UPDATING?

Its in UPDATING on -CURRENT.  I guess we need to explicitly warn people to
read the -CURRENT UPDATING and not the -STABLE one when planning their
upgrade.

This is in -CURRENT UPDATING:

        DO NOT make installworld after the buildworld w/o building and
        installing a new kernel FIRST.  You will be unable to build a
        new kernel otherwise on a system with new binaries and an old
        kernel.

Also see the section "To upgrade in-place from 4.x-stable to current" near
the bottom of the file.