Re: Timecounters and 5.2

From: Ken Smith <kensmith_at_cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 14:45:04 -0500
On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 11:03:10AM -0800, Doug White wrote:

> Taking a look at my system, this is where the ATA and firewire probe
> happens. I've had hangs here if interrupts are broken. Its likely that
> ACPI on your system has bogus routing information and this causes ATA to
> hang.

In case it helps at all, pluto2 (ia64 reference machine on the cluster)
might be doing the same thing.  For a kernel built Jan 22nd it
wedges right after the timecounter messages.  For a kernel built
Jan 20th it seems to boot fine.  The messages immediately after the
timecounter messages for a successful boot are the ATA-attached DVD
drive.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith_at_cse.buffalo.edu