SCHED_ULE and nice still ignored

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h_at_schmalzbauer.de>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:46:29 +0100
Hi all,

like I reported some weeks ago, SCHED_ULE seems to ignore nice.
Since it's now the default I gave it another try and did the following simple
test:

SCHED_ULE:
seti in background (doesn't matter if nice=20 or 15)
/usr/ports/sysutils/cpdup
make install takes Minutes

Without seti it takes some seconds

SCHED_4BSD:
seti in background (doesn't matter if nice=20 or 15)
/usr/ports/sysutils/cpdup
make install finishes in seconds. No difference with or without seti

Please let us know when nice gets respected by SCHED_ULE so I can really use
it as default scheduler.

Thanks,

-Harry