Re: 5.2-CURRENT - ata1-slave : TIMEOUT - SETFEATURES - another evil continues...

From: Matt Dawson <matt_at_mattsnetwork.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 00:59:52 +0000
OK, who said it was a Lite-On problem? Go to the head of the class. I just
removed all my ATA devices, installed my (crappy) Sil0680 software RAID card
temporarily and gave each device its own IDE channel. Whatever channel I put
the Lite-On LTR-48246S onto showed the following in dmesg:

ata1-slave: WARNING - SETFEATURES recovered from missing interrupt

with my kernel that works, p0. This is taken, of course, from the dmesg after
I put everything back the way it was. The original message was ata0-master. I
haven't tried compiling the latest source on this machine yet, since I figure
I have to get rid of this problem before I stand a fighting chance of getting
the new ata drivers working on here.

So it seems the LTR-48246S is the problem device. Bummer. It works nicely with
K3b and xcdroast, too. I shall upgrade to the latest firmware if I can find a
binary file of SS0E (why do these people assume we all have Windoze boxes to
upgrade firmware?) and see what happens.

UPDATE: Nothing happened with firmware update to SS0E. Still got the same
message.

Any ideas? Is there some way this can be worked around? Any logs, etc.
required?

--
Matt Dawson.