Panic in login?

From: Damian Gerow <dgerow_at_afflictions.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 11:55:00 -0400
I've been having troubles ripping some CD's lately (notably, the EMI
copy-protected ones), in that they keep on causing my machine to freeze.  To
further diagnose, I logged into a console, and ripped -- everything went
fine, until I closed my tcsh session.

I had two open -- the first closed fine, and the second resulted in a panic
in login.  Unfortunately, I hit the reset button before I could get down
any of the db trace, so I don't know how useful this will be:

    Stopped at spec_close+0x5a      cmpl 0x8(%ecx),%ebx

And that's all I've got in my memory.  These are from sources dated the eve
of June 24.

I'll try to reproduce...

  - Damian