Re: just like midi/seq was treated? (was Re: HEADSUP: ibcs2 and svr4 compat headed for history)

From: Mathew Kanner <mat_at_cnd.mcgill.ca>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 11:07:33 -0400
On Jun 30, Taku YAMAMOTO wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:37:47 -0400
> Mathew Kanner <mat_at_cnd.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> > On Jun 28, Paul Seniura wrote:
>
> I object to that statement - IT WAS WORKING without major problems
> here at least. (-current as of April 2004)
> # I have been using YAMAHA's UX-16, BTW.

	I'm absolutely shocked to hear this.  This is the first report
of midi2 working for anybody.  Are you speaking of the sequencer are
are you doing raw midi passthrough?  (Tangentally, I'll admit that I
tried to stay away from the old model only to end up recreating the
wheel in many aspects, esp. in the seq->midi abstraction.)

> And, in fact, IT STILL IS WORKING with recent -current, cvsupped
> on June 27. The MIDI stuff was salvaged from Attic with my tiny
> modifications to catch up the recent activities like dev_t =>
> struct cdev* transitions.
>
> I'll tar-up the material and make it accessible if requested.
> # And, USB-MIDI port, too :)

	The new version does bring new features like loadable modules,
a kernel thread instead of softclock, an easier interface for
attaching new devices and it works regardless of what HZ value is
used.

> > 	Per the annoucment, we are planning to import it soon but I'm
> > very busy with moving and other crisis in my life and Seigo has had
> > his own problems.
>
> I have been looking forward very much to seeing it, as I'm planning
> to port the NetBSD's USB-MIDI class driver to the new framework.

	This is good stuff.

	Thanks,
	--Mat

--
	(on the United States) Living next to you is in some ways
	like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly and