Re: just like midi/seq was treated? (was Re: HEADSUP: ibcs2 and svr4 compat headed for history)

From: Taku YAMAMOTO <taku_at_tackymt.homeip.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 05:39:44 +0900
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:37:47 -0400
Mathew Kanner <mat_at_cnd.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> On Jun 28, Paul Seniura wrote:
> >
> > > In message: <40DF2607.5020409_at_mac.com>
> > >             Chuck Swiger <cswiger_at_mac.com> writes:
> > > Warner
> >
> > Not to change the topic of this thread, but --
> > I wish someone had said that a few weeks ago
> > while I complained about midi/seq support being
> > removed without a replacement.
> > ...STILL waiting...
> > ...wondering if 5.3-R is going to have it at all...
> > ...and I still have _no_ idea
> >    where it is being 'discussed'...
>
> 	RE: MIDI.
>
> 	The annoucement was made many months ago with no response.
> Also, MIDI didn't work...  At all.  Having it in the tree was
> confusing users who were trying to use it.  Also, I've posted patches
> for the current MIDI work many times.

I object to that statement - IT WAS WORKING without major problems
here at least. (-current as of April 2004)
# I have been using YAMAHA's UX-16, BTW.

And, in fact, IT STILL IS WORKING with recent -current, cvsupped
on June 27. The MIDI stuff was salvaged from Attic with my tiny
modifications to catch up the recent activities like dev_t =>
struct cdev* transitions.

I'll tar-up the material and make it accessible if requested.
# And, USB-MIDI port, too :)

> 	Per the annoucment, we are planning to import it soon but I'm
> very busy with moving and other crisis in my life and Seigo has had
> his own problems.

I have been looking forward very much to seeing it, as I'm planning
to port the NetBSD's USB-MIDI class driver to the new framework.