Re: Rewrite cvsup & portupgrade in C

From: Rob <stopspam_at_users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 11:02:53 +0900
Colin Percival wrote:
> At 08:12 04/07/2004, Joel Dahl wrote:
>
>>1) Is there a need for a rewrite of cvsup and portupgrade in C so that they can be included in the base system?
>

> Yes please. :-)

I remember that portupgrade is intentionally not in the base system, to allow easier updates
for a running system. This way it can be more often updated than the official releases, to
reflect changes in the ports system.

For cvsup, this might be a very different story; usually cvsup is the only package that
I install during installation of FreeBSD, since it is so much needed. Including cvsup
in the base system would probably be a good idea, as soon as it's rewritten in C.

R.