Re: Yesterday's code panics: Don't call insmntque(foo, NULL)

From: Luke <luked_at_pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 11:56:15 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Chris Shenton wrote:
> I built a kernel from CVS yesterday, installed it and rebooted this
> morning.  It panicked with the message (manually copied):

>  mounting root from ufs:/dev/amrd0s1a
>  panic: Don't call insmntque(foo, NULL)
>  Debugger("panic")
>  Stopped at Debugger+0x45: xchgl %ebx, in_Debugger.0
>
> This message appears in /usr/src/sys/kern/vfs_subr.c
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.

Perhaps I don't have the right debugging options turned on, but I'm
getting a page fault at that same spot (mounting root) with kernels built
on source from about fifteen minutes ago.
Kernels built from source from June 26 work.

I've tried different kernel options trying to find something that doesn't
crash, but no luck so far.