contradictory: Automatic reboot in 15 seconds ...

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 09:33:36 +0000 (UTC)
Hi,

while PXE booting I ran into a panic and got this message:

--- cut ---
panic: page fault

syncing disks, buffers remaining...
done
Uptime: 2s
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort
--> Press a key on the console to reboot,
--> or switch off the system now.

so what should I do now - press a key to abort or press a key to
reboot?

Actually pressing a key seems to reboot the machine while not doing
anything results in nothing happening - so the automatic reboot
doesn't seem to happen. Perhaps some broken logic in shutdown_panic ?

most interesting kernel options: no DDB, no WITNESS, no INVARIANTS

Can someone please review an clarify the contradictory messages.