Re: Rewrite cvsup & portupgrade in C

From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles_at_skynet.be>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:23:16 +0200
At 12:00 AM -0700 2004-07-07, David O'Brien wrote:

>  JDP choose M3 because it was a very good language for the job -- C and
>  C++ isn't.  We've gone too far in our snooty opinion that if it ain't
>  C/C++ it is crap.  Modula-3, Ada, and Eiffel are very fine application
>  languages, and CVSup is an _application_.

	I'm confused.  Once these applications are in binary form, what
difference does it make what language they were written in?  Is cvsup
not available as a binary-only package that can be installed?  Are
you required to build it from source, which is why you have to
install ezm3 as well?

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles_at_skynet.be>

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755