DVD/CD reading issues with -CURRENT from 2004-06-27

From: Justin Hibbits <jrh29_at_po.cwru.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 20:05:15 -0400
Hi,

I updated to -CURRENT a couple weeks ago, for various reasons, from
5.2.1, but now DVD and CD reading is flaking out.  When trying to play
DVDs with mplayer, they stop after a random amount of time, probably
after reading a complete buffer.  With 'dd', trying to create iso
images of CDs, it stops after a random amount of data is copied.
Attached is the backtrace of a 'dd' run.

Specs of the system:

5.2-CURRENT as of 2004-06-27
Athlon XP 1800+
ASUS A7V266-E/A motherboard (VIA KT-266 chipset)

The 2 drives I tested are:
iomega Zip-CD CD-RW drive (acd0)
Toshiba DVD-ROM (acd1)

Any more info required, just ask.

Additional, I'm not on the list, so if you could CC me, that'd be
great, otherwise, I'll just check the archives.

-Justin

--
"One World, One Web, One Program"
	- Microsoft Promo Ad