Re: full duplex sound card dirve

From: Bruce M Simpson <bms_at_spc.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 18:25:03 +0100
On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 11:01:05AM -0400, Richard Neese wrote:
> is anyone working on full   duplex drivered for fbsd and soundcards. half the
> apps I use say the sound is only half duplex.  like kphone wich  we   are
> porting and    cpphone   and a few other     including asterisk0 pbx  look at
> te sound card and report it as half duplex.

The vast majority of the drivers we ship are full duplex, but it's possible
that the applications concerned might not be getting this information. Many
recent commits have happened in this area, particularly with regard to
Linux emulation.

I'd suggest browsing the source code or using ktrace to determine which
ioctl(s) the affected applications are using (or failing to use).

regards,
BMS