Re: Vinum and freebsd

From: michael johnson <ahze_at_ahze.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:36:26 -0400
Hi,
	I noticed I did something wrong when I made the vinum partition, which
I created well over a year ago,  is that I did not follow the
directions correctly by using bsdlabel (disklabel) and changing the
partition type from 4.2BSD to vinum. I changed 4.2BSD to vinum today
hoping that would fix the problem but it did not and I got a kernel
panic.

Could this have anything to do with the problem I and a few other
people are having with their vinum setups is that we didn't follow the
directions when creating the vinum partition and not changing the
partition type to vinum before creating the partition?

Michael