Re: Vinum and freebsd

From: Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh_at_schweikhardt.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:55:29 +0200
On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 10:36:26PM -0400, michael johnson wrote:
# Hi,
# 	I noticed I did something wrong when I made the vinum partition,
# 	which I created well over a year ago,  is that I did not follow the
# directions correctly by using bsdlabel (disklabel) and changing the
# partition type from 4.2BSD to vinum. I changed 4.2BSD to vinum today
# hoping that would fix the problem but it did not and I got a kernel
# panic.
#
# Could this have anything to do with the problem I and a few other
# people are having with their vinum setups is that we didn't follow the
# directions when creating the vinum partition and not changing the
# partition type to vinum before creating the partition?

No. I had labeled the partition for vinum from the start and
experience the "dangling vnode" panic as well.

Regards,

	Jens
--
Jens Schweikhardt http://www.schweikhardt.net/