Whay is broken ATARAID that ignored?

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h_at_schmalzbauer.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 02:29:40 +0200
I reported that atarid is broken for sil0680 since Sørens last commit on 07/25
(rev 1.79.)
Nobody responded nor is there any comment in UPDATING.
This is a severe bug and nobody seems to care about, at least I haven't got
any "I know, but....."

The man page still claims to support these controllers. But they've never
really been. As soon as one drive fails, the support fails because no rebuild
is possible (with -stable).

Please remove the HPT372, sil0680 and (I tested that one today) the sil649
from the man page as beeing supported. They are not. Neither in -current nor
in -stable.
People like me take these man pages as reference and purchase hardware which
is said to be supported.

Or fix it. At least there should be a note in UPDATING. It's horrible to find
out that suddenly the system doesn't detect ar0 any more!!!
And nobody cares about for over two weeks.......

If I could fix it I would do it. Regrettably I can't. But I did painful
tests.....

-Harry