serial console config -recent changes

From: Kim Culhan <w8hdkim_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:00:55 -0700 (PDT)
Some would say they're not that recent but
lots of google hits on serial console config
are obsolete -so what else is new..

On -current the best approach appears to be
something like:

echo 'console=comconsole' > /boot/loader.conf.local

This worked fine here. Now we want to increase the
baud rate beyond 9600.

Google remembers a note on the -current list from
9-1-03 in which scottl_at_ talks about the baud rate setting.

In that thread theres a mention of a procedure for including
the baud rate in the boot block, which I followed and blew up
my disk -no big deal.

At the time scottl didn't think the comconsole baud rate
stored-in-boot-block was the Right Thing but that wasn't
enough to stop me from trying.

If anyone has some thoughts on this they would be
greatly appreciated.

-kim