Re: CVSUP and 5.2.1 RELEASE

From: Barney Wolff <barney_at_databus.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:23:51 -0400
On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 01:05:45PM -0500, Jason Dusek wrote:

> I ran make world this morning. I ran make kernel as well, but the kernel is
> broken, so I kept my old kernel. Does this mean that I have a RELEASE
> kernel but a CURRENT world? Am I headed for trouble?

To core:
How many users do we have to sabotage with "make world" before it gets
removed from the make targets?  Is it really that hard in the very rare
case when "make buildworld && make installworld" is what's wanted to
type exactly that?

To OP:
To answer your question, you may or may not be in trouble.  If you can
build and install a kernel, do that; otherwise re-install and read
/usr/src/UPDATING to see how you're supposed to update.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.