Re: CVSUP and 5.2.1 RELEASE

From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles_at_skynet.be>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:55:37 +0200
At 11:49 PM +0200 2004-07-13, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>  I think the problem here is that people type "make world" when
>  they shouldn't.

	Right, but they don't know that, because almost all the
documentation over the past ten years has said that this is the way
to do things.  We can put "don't use 'make world'" in all the primary
documentation you want, and maybe 1% of the users will ever see that,
after they've been burned.

	The way to fix this problem is to fix it.

>  But removing the world target will make a lot of documentation
>  wrong, about 22900 pages of documentation according to google.

	All that stuff is wrong anyway.  There's no reason we should
continue to support that.

>  Find a better solution please.

	If you've got one, I'd love to hear it.  So far, I haven't heard
of anything better.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles_at_skynet.be>

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755