Re: CVSUP and 5.2.1 RELEASE

From: Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve_at_sohara.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:54:18 +0100
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 12:48:39 +0200
Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock_at_gmx.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday 14 July 2004 12:30, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> > On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:03:10 +0200
> >
> > Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock_at_gmx.net> wrote:
> > > mergemaster -p needs to happen before installworld, earlier than that
> > > is not required.
> >
> > 	From man mergemaster:
> >
> >      -p          Pre-buildworld mode.  Compares only files known to be
> > essen- tial to the success of {build|install}world, including
> > /etc/make.conf.
>
> This seems wrong to me.

	It did to me too, but last time I raised it I was told quite
definitely that this was indeed correct. AFAIK the only time mergemaster -p
has done anything it was only needed for installworld but it is intended
to cover the case that something might be needed before a buildworld one
day.

--
C:>WIN                                      | Solar Thermal Systems
The computer obeys and wins.                |      http://www.soleire.com/