Re: CVSUP and 5.2.1 RELEASE

From: Kirk Strauser <kirk_at_strauser.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:19:35 -0500
On Wednesday 2004-07-14 12:44 pm, Scot Hetzel wrote:

> make world DESTDIR=/foo will build and then install into ${DESTDIR}.
> But make buildworld DESTDIR=/foo will only build.  You need make
> installworld DESTDIR=/foo to install into ${DESTDIR}.

D'oh!  I misstated in my email (but not on the web page).  Is "make world
DESTDIR=/foo" better than "make buildworld; make installword DESTDIR=/foo"?

Particularly in the case of multiple jail directories, it seems like doing
one buildworld followed by a series of installworlds would be a clear win.
Also, given that it seems as though you'll *always* want the jail
environments to be at the same version as the host environment, you'd
usually be doing installworld into the jails *after* doing an installworld
into the host system.  Does that sound right?
--
Kirk Strauser