unionfs on CURRENT for read only OK?

From: Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC <chad_at_shire.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:44:47 -0600
Hi

The man pages for unionfs basically say to avoid it as it has problems.
   However, I was wondering about people's experience with it for read
only mounts.  I would like to do a bunch of read only mounts.  I
currently use nfs with localhost: but think that performance might be
better with unionfs.  I kind of get the impression that the unionfs
problems are with read write and so would like to solicit opinions and
experience running on FBSD5 (CURRENT going to 5.3-R).

Thanks
Chad