Re: ACPI degrading.. ?

From: Eric Anderson <anderson_at_centtech.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 22:30:34 -0500
Kevin Oberman wrote:

>>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:08:22 -0500
>>From: Eric Anderson <anderson_at_centtech.com>
>>Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>>
>>Ok - On May13th, I was the happiest FreeBSD user on the planet.. All the
>>ACPI stuff worked (the acpi_video stuff worked for my laptop, I had
>>several 'cx_supported' modes, etc..), but then I cvsup'ed on July 8th
>>(around there), and the acpi_video was broken, and no more cx modes
>>(besides c1).  I backed up to 06/15 and the acpi_video magically came
>>back, but still no cx modes..
>>
>>Is there a configuration option I need to adjust now, or is it just
>>broken? Is there anything I can do to help?
>>

>The cx issue should be fixed. Nate put in a patch to fix it yesterday
>or today. I have also lost acpi_video, but the patch to fix cx may fix
>that, as well. I've been hesitant to update my laptop due to the native
>preemption triggered problems that forced me to roll several bits of the
>kernel back to 7/2. If I get just a little time, I'll cvsup and build a
>new system tomorrow and see how t works (or doesn't).

Ahh, ok.. great.. Thanks Nate!  I'm also waiting for the preemption
stuff to settle down.. killing my laptop 10 times in one day isn't my
idea of fun.. :)  Although, it only ever happened when Firefox was
running..

Thanks for the info!

Eric

Eric Anderson     Sr. Systems Administrator    Centaur Technology
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.