Re: ACPI degrading.. ?

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:28:45 -0700
> Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:08:22 -0500
> From: Eric Anderson <anderson_at_centtech.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>
> Ok - On May13th, I was the happiest FreeBSD user on the planet.. All the
> ACPI stuff worked (the acpi_video stuff worked for my laptop, I had
> several 'cx_supported' modes, etc..), but then I cvsup'ed on July 8th
> (around there), and the acpi_video was broken, and no more cx modes
> (besides c1).  I backed up to 06/15 and the acpi_video magically came
> back, but still no cx modes..
>
> Is there a configuration option I need to adjust now, or is it just
> broken? Is there anything I can do to help?

The cx issue should be fixed. Nate put in a patch to fix it yesterday
or today. I have also lost acpi_video, but the patch to fix cx may fix
that, as well. I've been hesitant to update my laptop due to the native
preemption triggered problems that forced me to roll several bits of the
kernel back to 7/2. If I get just a little time, I'll cvsup and build a
new system tomorrow and see how t works (or doesn't).
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)