Re: panic: APIC: Previous IPI is stuck

From: Matthias Buelow <mkb_at_mukappabeta.de>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 04:14:51 +0200
Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     I would expect it to perform about the same as the existing code.  The
>     main reasons to use it are that it consolidates the half dozen IPI
>     mechanisms used by FreeBSD-5 into *one* mechanism, it completely

Don't you (and others on this list) think that these things come a bit
late now?  I have just subscribed to this list since I'm using 5.2.1 and
  what I expected were discussions like, the last few bugs being ironed
out, things getting polished for a stable 5.x tree, and not grass-roots
discussions about the basic system architecture.  This comes about 2-3
years late, folks.  Please get your things together and stabilize the
beast now.

--
   Matthias Buelow; mkb_at_{mukappabeta,informatik.uni-wuerzburg}.de