Re: fetch hangs, part 2

From: Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads_at_cox.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:48:56 -0500 (CDT)
On 18-Jul-2004 Matt White wrote:
> I looked in the archives and saw that a couple of others also had
> this
> problem.  Fetch is getting distributions for ports and it'll just
> hang.
> Killing the build and restarting it will usually cause it to advance.
> Did
> any of you guys who saw this problem before come up with a solution?

I found that changing my buffer size settings made all the difference.
I had been using the following in /etc/sysctl.conf:

net.inet.tcp.recvspace=131072
net.inet.tcp.sendspace=65536

Changing them to:

net.inet.tcp.recvspace=65536
net.inet.tcp.sendspace=32768

Solved the problem.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads_at_cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"