Re: panic: Duplicate free of item 0xffffff005c4a8600 from zone 0xffffff007fed4780(Mbuf)

From: Willem Jan Withagen <wjw_at_withagen.nl>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 21:39:00 +0200
From: "Robert Watson" <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
> On Sun, 18 Jul 2004, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
>
> > > Well, the threads involved seem to be the netisr thread and the bge
> > > interrupt thread, suggesting we have a problem with mbufs being free'd
> > > despite being handed off into the network stack.  Up front, it suggests
> > > maybe we have an issue with the bge driver freeing or reusing an mbuf
> > > inappropriately, or perhaps it's at the TCP layer.
> >
> > Even more reason to do some (ab)using test with the em0 card???
>
> Yeah, that would be very helpful if you could.

Well uptill now it was less than 30 minutes to get a crash....
No counting the ones where it directly crashed whilest booting.

So we could get to > 20 crashes/sunday :)

I now got a kernel with no IPv6. First abuse that with bge0.
But if it is what you think it is, it'll make no difference.

Note that I can get annottated traces with param-values and line numbers
if I coredump the panics. But dumping core and saving it, takes almost just as
long as causing one.

--WjW